IST-Africa provides a platform in Africa to strengthen ICT-enabled Innovation, Science and Technology related policy dialogues within Africa and between Africa and Europe, Global Development, Research and Innovation Cooperation and Community Building. It also provides an opportunity to identify potential partners for future research cooperation under Horizon 2020. IST-Africa is a unique community that brings together cross-disciplinary stakeholders from public, private, education and research, societal sector with end user communities focused on ICT and STI Research and Innovation.
The scientific programme for IST-Africa 2017 is based on an open Call for Papers – click here to download
IST-Africa 2017 is focused on applied ICT and the core thematic areas include:
– mHealth, eHealth & Health Information Systems
– Technology-enhanced Learning and eSkills
– mAgriculture / eAgriculture & Environmental Sustainability
– eInfrastructures and NRENs (National Research and Education Networks)
– Next Generation Computing: Big Data, Cloud Computing, Future Internet, Internet of Things (IoT)
– eGovernment – Services to Citizens & Business
– Content Technologies: Languages; Digital Preservation
– Cyber Security, Privacy and Trust
– Collaborative Open Innovation and ICT-enabled Entrepreneurship (including Social Entrepreneurship)
– Global Development including ICT4D
– Societal Implications of Technology
Submission of new papers
Interested presenters are encouraged to prepare an 8 page paper (4,000 – 5,000) words following the IST-Africa paper guidelines and paper template for submission online by the extended deadline of 23 December.
For more information including the paper template, please visit http://www.ist-africa.org/conference2017/default.asp?page=paperguidelines
All papers are double blind peer reviewed so please ensure that the Word document uploaded (.doc) does not include author details. Author and co-author details should be included in the online submission form.